Saturday 4 February 2012

A Swarovski vision

I don't always have the time to write a blog post, despite having a fantastic idea for one. In these situations, I start a draft, where I just write a little outline of what I want the finished product to contain - then I can come back to it and write it properly when I have the time.

About a month ago I started a draft blog post called "A Swarovski Vision". It was based around a musing I had regarding the gorgeous Fire Opal Swarovski colour. For those of you who aren't familiar with this stunning colour, here it is:


Basically, I was wondering why this is the only true colour blend that Swarovski do. They do have other blends, such as Vitrial, Vitrial Light, Bermuda Blue etc, but these are created with coatings and unfortunately only work when 1 side of the crystal is hidden. What I mean is, these work amazingly on diamante, rivolis, even some pendants, because you don't see the back, which has the coating over it:


Above image, clockwise from top left: Vitrial, Heliotrope, Volcano, Bermuda Blue, Vitrial Light.

And how do these translate into bicones? Take a look:


On the left is the Bermuda Blue, and on the right is Volcano. The crystal beads look much duller, and darker when half of them is showing the reverse of the coating, which is usually silver or gold.

So my plan was to write a post all about which colour blends I thought Swarovski should be making, I was even hoping to photo shop some of my visions to give an idea of how I think they should look. Unfortunately photoshop is not my strong point! I was thinking how I would love to see a blue blend into a purple, a sage green blend into a pale pink, and a hot pink blend into a purple. Ooh, and what about a champagne gold blending into a chocolate brown?

Then a couple of days ago, I received an email from Swarovski, outlining their 2013 Innovations (their new products, about to be released). Well, if I didn't know better, I would say that they have been tapping into my thoughts (or at least reading my blog drafts!). Here's what got me all excited:


Crystal Luminous Green !



Blend colours - Burgundy into Blue Zircon, and Fern Green into Topaz. Maybe not quite what I would have picked, but I cannot wait to get my hands on some to see them for real!

Until I actually have them here, I wont know for sure, but I think that these are proper blend colours, rather than coatings. {{{SQUEAL}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...