Saturday 4 February 2012

Professionalism #1

Ok, its late, and this is just a quickie....but before I forget...

I do have a bit of a "thing" about professionalism. If you run a business, if you sell products to the general public, and ESPECIALLY if you operate within the bridal industry.  Please read on...

Now, I started out with a free website.  Crikey, my very first website address had the word *freeserve* in it (shock horror!!!).  And if I can do it myself, I will.  Why spend my hard earned cash if I don't need to?

But you know what? There are a few things that will cost you very little and yet could be the very thing that swings a sale.

For me, if an email address contains the words "hotmail", or "gmail", or "freeserve", or "btinternet", or "blueyonder", or any other generic email server name, you are not serious enough about what you do to make a couple of pounds worth of investment and organise your own email address.  Seriously.  These days you can secure your own email address for a few pennies a month.  I have just renewed my package, and it includes numerous email addresses, for less than 13p per week.  And its ALL MINE!!!!

Why wouldn't you do that?  I'd love to hear your reasons, because I can't think of any!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri,

    Just a quickie to ask who you went with for emails? I've got the big red barn one, but I need a separate one for Two Little Words and haven't had the chance to look just yet!

    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nikki! Actually my Starstruck set up is a bit complicated as I bought my domain name from 1 place, but use another for webhosting. I have several domains purchased through 1and1.co.uk though, and I believe their email packages start from 69p per month. I've always found them to be really reasonably priced and having been a customer for about 6 years now, I don't think i've ever had a problem with them (and when i've had a problem due to my own ignorance (!!) they have been incredibly helpful!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kerri, I'll check them out - good customer support means a LOT to me when it comes to hosting, emails etc.

      Delete
  3. LOL, just come across this post.

    Got to admit I had my AOL email for my business for 10 years.....

    I am just SO not techy enough to be able to sort out the website email, I eventually had to get the "technical department" (ie hubby) to sort it. And even then it is buggy sometimes....

    Some of us are artists, well over being business people unfortunately......

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...